Springboard's HCD Festival
Human-Centered Design Festival
Ask your questions, share your experiences, and learn from the HCD experts
Designing effective Social and Behavior Change initiatives requires a deep understanding of people. Human-centered design (HCD) is a powerful tool that helps SBC practitioners better understand our audiences and design with - rather than for - those audiences.
On January 24, join us on Springboard for an all-day human-centered design festival! HCD experts will host live Question and Answer sessions, share their thoughts on key HCD subjects and moderate discussions. The schedule of events can be found below. Please note all times are Central African Time, GMT+2:
- 9:00 am (GMT+2): What is HCD's role in Social and Behavior Change?
- 10:00 am (GMT+2): Immersive qualitative research in HCD
- 11:00 am (GMT+2): What is the role of innovation in design?
- 12:00 pm (GMT+2): What is HCD, and how is it different from co-design and design thinking?
- 3:00 pm (GMT+2): What lessons have we learned from implementing HCD?
- A pre-recorded session on using HCD to inform policy and strategy will also be available
Start gathering your questions and thinking about what experiences you want to share! In advance of the festival, you can post any questions you have by clicking on the bulleted discussion links above and replying to the thread. HCD experts will respond to your questions during the live sessions or throughout the day.